National Initiative for Development and Harnessing Innovations ( NIDHI-CoE) Supported by Department of Science & Technology (DST)
NIDHI Centres of Excellence (NIDHI-CoE) – A World class facility to help startups go global;
National Initiative for Developing and Harnessing Innovations (NIDHI) is an umbrella programme conceived and developed by the Innovation & Entrepreneurship division, Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, for nurturing ideas and innovations (knowledge-based and technology-driven) into successful startups. The programme would work in line with the national priorities and goals and its focus would be to build an innovation driven entrepreneurial ecosystem with an objective of socioeconomic development through wealth and job creation.
Objectives of NIDHI-CoE
- To promote new technology/knowledge/innovation based impact making startups.
- To provide cost effective, value added services to startups like mentoring, legal, financial, technical, intellectual property related services.
- To scale up existing/new activities targeted at seeding and supporting startups.
- To provide a platform for speedy commercialization of technologies developed by the host institution or by any academic/technical/R&D institution or by an individual.
- To build a vibrant startup ecosystem, by establishing a network between academia, financial institutions, industries and other institutions.
- To create jobs, wealth and business in alignment with national priorities.